Saturday, March 26, 2005

And so it begins...

Well, I've gone and done it...I've created a blog. Some may ask, "why Adam, why now?" The answer? Many precipitating factors:

1. Deep down, I've always been kind of interested in starting one. I've always wanted to keep a journal, but I never have. To be honest, I even harbor that occasional fantasy that my writings will somehow win me notoriety (like Ender's brother and sister, Peter and Valentine, in "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card). So yes, I figured a blog would serve that purpose.

2. "The Facebook" is a gateway to harder online mediums of communication.

3. I tend to live an interesting life, or rather, I MAKE things interesting due to my rather neurotic internal monologue. I overanalyze things true, but I still take action (as opposed to the Underground Man in "Notes from Underground" by Dostoevsky). Also, I relate those experiences to my ever-patient friends, who get a laugh out of it.

4. I am an English major, so any chance I get to write (and thereby improve my writing skills) should be taken. On that same note, I've toyed with the idea of writing a book, and perhaps a blog will help with that.

In sum, I have boldly entered the world of blogging. I don't know how often I'll be able to post; I am quite busy. But then again, maybe I'll MAKE time to post. And that's all I have for my very first post!

Et donc il commence...

3 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Dusty said...

Bravo, Une "blog" est tres bon et tres amusement pour tout!!!

Serh Gut...ein "blog" ist sehr gut und sehr spass fur alles!!!

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, as I said to Dusty. Welcome to the blogosphere. Just remember, it's all overated and mostly pointlesss and yet, so satifying. Enjoy!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Dusty said...

Opa!!! e "blog" eina polu kali kai polu diaskedasi pan anthropous

 

Post a Comment

<< Home