Tuesday, April 05, 2005

life and fencing experience from Michigan State

Well, I have returned safe and sound from my fencing tournament at Michigan State. Twas a grand ole time, and I learned quite a bit. Sadly, I don't have many stories of success...only won 6 out of 23 bouts. I know...it's so embarrassing! But, I was in the A slot, meaning that I was the "best" fencer on my epee team; which meant that I had to fence every other college's A fencer. Needless to say, I got beat. A LOT. Fortunately, the upside to fencing guys who are way above you in skill level is that you learn; and learn I did. Next time's gonna be different ("next time" will actually be in North Carolina or Virginia)...

Other than that, I don't have too much to tell. It was a lot of fun, the drive was long but interesting, and I got to miss two days of school (for which I am paying the price, but that just makes life interesting).

Gah! So tired...and I'm still adapting to the whole "blogging" thing! I came up with some ideas about literature/how I want to teach during Amer Lit lecture...perhaps I'll share those in another post.

Until then, I'm open to requests! If you want to learn more about the trip, ask and I shall post. If you want my take on various aspects of life, I will oblige. And so on...

p.s. the "life experience" was "sometimes the U's bureaucracy sucks because they didn't pay for the hotels like they should have so I had to...I'm being reimbursed but there's nothing like finding out an hour before you get to the hotel that you have to drop a grand"

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear there were some interesting girls with some interesting t-shirts that should warrant a post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home