Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Soccer bandwagon, tennis, sports misc.

Thanks to MSN sports, I read that Italy beat Germany, and will advance to Finals for the World Cup. In keeping with my usual pattern of becoming interested in THE championship for whichever particular [televised] sport (well, there are some exceptions), I now hope that France beats Portugal and then beats Italy for the win.

......

Or do I?

Italy is a place that's always interested me, and I'm more familiar with [tastey] Italian cuisine than French. Oh well, I guess that if it comes down to the "Battle of the Blues" (both teams are called that), I'll be happy for whoever wins.

More pleasing to me is that Wimbledon is in full swing (pardon the pun)! I'm going to have to do some taping; work prevents me from watching.

Finally, I think I'm going to invest in some fencing equipment and have my own jacket, pants, etc. A part of me is excited about it [fencing] again, and if I join USFA, I'll be more involved. Ah, good stuff.

Oh! Not finally! Speaking about buying stuff, I've been debating whether or not to buy a basketball hoop. It'd be fun to have something to do outside, and shooting hoops is really the only solitary activity I could do.

And I plan on playing on ultimate frisbee sometime soon.

4 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger Nicki said...

I must say that I hope for a(n) Italy-Portugal match. I would rather root for a Spanish speaking country, but if it is France-Italy, I will be rooting whole-heatedly for Italy.

Do we need to have a party to watch this game? Anyone interested?

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

Ummm.... Nicki. People in Portugal speak Portugeese (you know that language that about half of South America speaks?). Just thought you might want to know.

I would so rock a World Cup Party if I could. My brother is having his graduation that day and I have to grill. If someone wants a party where we could watch the team from the greatest footballing of all time (Germany) on Saturday, I could do that.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

Luv,

You do realize that you now carry a French based surname? So you should be required to root for France and not non-Spanish speaking Portugal. And Italians...blah, they have bad haircuts which includes the mullet with spiked hair look.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Adam, I was looking for things the Czechs do better than the Germans, and I did find one thing. As long as you go by sheer volume, the Czechs are better at drinking beer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_consumption_by_country

 

Post a Comment

<< Home