Friday, April 08, 2005

Euthanized by Dr. Love

Ahh...Spring's here! The air is fresh, flowers are blooming, and everywhere is the gentle feeling of L-O-V-E. Perhaps it was the springtime feel that made me almost do something entirely out of the ordinary.

Our (or rather "my") story begins Wednesday morning at the Forestry Library (in Green Hall on the St. Paul Campus). I was taking my break, drinking Mellow Yellow and eating some peanut M&M's when this girl walks in. Now, I've seen this girl before, and talked to her once (she woke up from a nap and asked me what time it is). Thing is, she is attractive; in a plain sort of way (which is something I like). Well, she walks by and I think nothing of it; I go on enjoying my break. And then, just like all good things, my break comes to an end.

Thus, I return to the library. BUT! As I walk towards the door, my eyes spy this same girl sitting at a table studying. For some unknown reason, I'm filled with this desire, nay, URGE to just go up to her and ask her out. Let me make it clear, I do not know what came over me. As this thought enters me head, I stop for a minute, not sure what to do. One part of me says "go back to work," while the other of course says "go and talk to her." So naturally, I compromise; I walk over near her to throw away my pop bottle. Well, actually, I walked over to the bin, finished my pop, THEN threw it away. Regardless, I did it to try and catch her eye (which I didn't do that good of a job of), and at the same time try to get a closer look of her. So, the pop is thrown and I walk inside the library, back to the copy room. Back inside, I work frantically! I just have one journal to copy, and then I have to head to Ent (the Entomology, Fish, and Wildlife Library) to get more journals to copy (this is indeed my job when I'm working for North Central). Why the rush you ask? Because I hope that when I'm done and I walk out the girl will still be there! And you know what? She WAS!

I will not lie friends; the "urge" was strong. I thought to myself, "it would be so easy." The fact that she probably didn't even know me never really even entered my head; if it had, I had ignored it. As I walked by, all I knew was that if eye contact was made, I'd nod a "hello" and then go in. Alas! It was not be! No eye contact was established, and once I passed her, I couldn't turn around. Well, I went to Ent, got the journals, and when I returned...she was gone.

So ends another anti-climatic yet strangely interesting episode in the love life of Puddn'head Adam.

p.s. I didn't mope, nor am I moping, but merely relating a tale. Perhaps there'll be another chance; or most likely some other girl in a different situation.
p.p.s. I know I've talked about another potential; I have not forgotten about her. However, I am of course keeping my eyes open just in case.
p.p.p.s. Shirts that say "Blondes do it harder" should NOT be made in the XXXL size; thus preventing those sized people from being able to buy and wear such shirts.

3 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pitiful

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger adam said...

True...but did you laugh?

(if "yes," then my mission was accomplished)

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, anonymous posting is for cowards.

Anyway, I like that story personally. And I did laugh. Although, I can imagine the pop thing just looking so bizarre from her perspective.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home