Sunday, July 16, 2006

Geez...could I get a more masculine bag please?

I went shopping at American Eagle the other day. They were offering free movie tickets if you tried on a pair of jeans, so as I had nothing else to do, me, my bro, and a friend hit an AE outlet. Surprisingly, I found a pair of reasonably prices, boot cut (looks like I've started the transition) jeans, and so I bought them.

However, the only snag was that AE bags aren't the best for promoting the image of a smart-yet-strong heterosexual [in my opinion]. A simple brown (or whatever solid colored background AE was "feelin") with the logo would do the trick. A bright blue bag, with pictures of ridiculously good looking teens does nothing but attract the eye. And judgement.

But after eating a steak dinner and playing tennis, I felt like a man again. Or rather, I didn't feel dirty.

....

Gah! Who am I kidding...I'll probably go back sometime for more pants...

13 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Yep, they suckered you in...

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Nicki said...

Wait- I'm confused. Did you buy a 'man-bag'? What movie were the movie tickets for? I would like to see you in these jeans, maybe if you stop by on Saturday, we could request you wear them?!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

you cant look at other people's rears, you are married!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger adam said...

No, no man-bag. I was saying that I don't like the AE bags (because they have "ridiculously good looking people" on them), and I was describing how I'd like them to be.

Saturday I'm going to try and be there, although if it's hot out i.e. above 75 degrees, I'll be in shorts.

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

P.S. bring my Tarazi book.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Nicki said...

I never said anything about looking at his rear, luv. However, now that you mention it, I may have to ;) just to get a reaction out of you!

Also, we are thinking of going to the fireworks at the Stone Arch Bridge that evening (actually, Dusty doesn't have a clue about this idea of mine, but since we missed the 4th of July fireworks, I want to go to these ones)so if anyone would care to join us, that is where we will be! Becky and I have gone before and we can both testify to the fact that these fireworks are AMAZING!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

huh, what are we doing?

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

No blogging about softball and the logic-man batting 1.000 with clutch hit after clutch hit?

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

Update???

 
At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear funeral music for Adam...he's not blogging so he must be dead

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Two things:

Update posts

and

Update links

Dusty and I have been moving around the country and whatnot, but yet we are still out-blogging you.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

Amen

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I reiterate my previous post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home