Friday, January 13, 2006

Hair and styling

I was looking at myself in the mirror today and thought, "wow Adam, your hair looks good...almost at its perfect length." After agreeing with myself, I once again pondered the possibility of trying a new style.

See readers, I have no real style for my hair. I get it cut, and deal with it from there. No gel or spray ever finds its way onto my golden locks. Yet, I sometimes think of trying something new, like wearing my hair up or quasi-spiked (I say "quasi" because I'm not a fan of nor will I ever get the super short and spiked hair look). Tossled, yes, another posssibility.

Since it's winter, anything involving some chemical substance is most likely out; I wear a hat and value my ears and core temperature over my hair looking good. But then in summer, I'm pretty active; I have no desire to have my get that stuff in my eyes while playing a bout of tennis.

You've probably all heard this before, so if it bored you to tears, I'm sorry. BUT, if you want to play a part in shaping how I look, now's the time for suggestions! I'd post pictures, but I don't have many of me with various lengths of hair; trust the memories and photographs in your mind.

Next [possible] post: what clothes should I wear i.e. style, color, etc?

p.s. I don't suppose any of you know at what blood-alcohol level causes the room to spin? And what level kills you? 0.6? Oh, and VERY technical question: any rates on how thin your blood gets or how clotting is affected?

5 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

LOL...not to be mean, but if you want hair tips you really have to talk to my bro or Mike Shoup! They can probably introduce you to any syling product known to man :).

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

Adam,

I really don't think you can have "locks" for your golden hair unless it's curly. I think curls are required for "locks".

As for styles...you should get some boot cut jeans and some shirts that actually fit in the shoulders.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger adam said...

Boot cut jeans? Loco man, loco.

Also, being of a tall but slight build, I think I'm doomed to never having shirts that fit exactly right. THe question is, what matters more? Is it better to have shirts that fit the shoulders at the cost of both arm and overall length, or vice versa?

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Dusty said...

You should seek out a tailer, that's the solution. There is a good one near Roseville. He has also been used by Hollywood. His tailoring work has been seen in the Grumpy Men movies and an Arnold Schweralkdjfaweopifa (sp?) movie, as well as some others. To tailor a shirt only cost $10 to $15 I think. I could get you his name if you're interested.

and boot cut jeans a in...a lot more in than "classic" fit which is just "loco".

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Uhm, I'd have to agree with Mike on the whole boot cut thing...much better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home