Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The new stadium is already dicking me over

As many of you know, the U decided to build an on campus stadium. Admittedly, I can see the reasons for it, but I personally think it's a waste of money, and believe that the stadium's construction will be a horrible incoveinence for many people.

Already that last part has become true. Around the commuter lots and such, it's a total cluster...verb. They closed a lane on University, so it's a crapshoot for people trying to get out of the ramp during rush hour. Huge sections of sidewalk are closed, which I guess I can deal with, but it still sucks. And the biggest kick to the crotch is having to drive through the newly made labyrinth while trying to get to or leave the commuter lots. Getting to is not horribly bad, but leaving is atrocious. Argh, I have to deal with an extra 5-10 minutes of driving just to get home: I have to backtrack I don't know how many blocks, only to get back onto University and drive the same distance back.

It blows, and I don't look forward to a whole other year of it. So basically, the stadium means several things for Adam:

1. Higher tuition (they say the won't make students pay, but I doubt that)
2. More driving time
2a. While construction goes on, I have to go through desrcibed experience
2b. When stadium is finished, the new lots are gonna be farther away from campus
3. No real benefit. Not a huge Gopher football fan, and I don't see myself being too involved when I'm an alum.

That does it for now.

3 Comments:

At 4:46 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

What I learned: "dick" is now a verb.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Nick said...

Sports are an exercise in futility. I can see it now. Beings from another galaxy go to painstaking lengths to finally make interstellar travel possible...they make it to earth! ...and see a bunch of half-wits chasing a ball around while hordes of screaming onlookers waste energy drooling on themselves watching overpaid, overworshipped neandertals. "verb" all that noise.

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word Adam. I think you're wrong about no paying. Last time I read about the stadium, there was going to be a yearly fee added to tuition. Has that changed? Besides, all this does is encourage those athlete types to go the U for free.

In fact, I oppose any new stadium. If a professional sports team wants a new one, let em build it themselves. They make money don't they?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home