Monday, April 18, 2005

And now the hammer falls...

Greetings all.

This is more of an announcement than an actual post (but I know that's not really the case cause this "announcement" is going to be kind of long and not entirely without emotion). Basically, I'm not sure how often I'll be posting in these next, oh, 4 weeks. The "hammer" is all the writing and reading that is now crashing down upon your dear Adam. Do not pity me, pity my eyes; 5 novels and 4 papers will probably NOT help my vision.

Also, you know what bites about being an English major (or rather being in any other humanities like field)? The fact that pretty much all the upper-division courses that I HAVE to take are a measley 3 credits; nevermind that each class still requires about 100 pages of reading a week. So, in order to be a full time student and still get the most out of the state's grant money, I'm taking 5 classes; yet still only racking in 16 credits. Throw in a job (I actually might have 2; I have an interview at the Writing Center this Wednesday) and fencing (keep in mind I'll be vice-president again), Fall Semester 2005 is looking to be pretty rough.

7 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Dusty said...

Oh, but Adam, you mustn't forget OCF, and girl chasing!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger adam said...

Oh, I have not forgotten them in the least bit! For one, I do not see OCF as a stress inducing factor. As for the girl chasing...well, I both look forward to and dread at the same time. On the one hand, it's fun in a way, but on the other hand, if I were to get a girlfriend, I'd be worried that I could not commit myself as much as I should.

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam--Prozac
Nearly side-effect free, treats everything from depression and anxiety to panic attacks to schizophrenia.....

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tehe, I think I'm only taking 13 credits next semester.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

Wouldn't it be great if you could put "girl chasing" on your resume, and have it taken seriously!!!

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think for that to work, you would need to be an "accomplished" girl chaser. You would have to list successful chases, with references and such. :)

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger adam said...

Oh man, that would be cool if I could put that on a resume!

However, I'm really not a "girl chaser," more of a "girl observer."

Also, to set the record straight, though I obivously spend a ton of time talking about getting a girlfriend, I realize that it's not just a prize to be won ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home