Friday, August 19, 2005

Frustration to the 10000000th power

Do you know what it feels like when all you want to do is read and study about Calvinism and Rapture theology, yet your encyclopedias are unaccessible? Bloody frustrating.

Plus, it doesn't help that there's nothing good on TV, and there's no other books that have caught your eye. Could it get worse? You betcha. The icing to this oh so bitter cake is that you can't find your remote for the DVD player, thus being unable to switch from full-screen format to wide-screen, which in turn ruins your movie viewing experience. Truely, life is almost unbearable under these circumstances.

*deep breath*

Oh, and to all the TV networks that cut off the last 5 minutes of a show just to say that "in a few mintues, we'll have the actual news regarding [insert event]...," I have this to say:

YOU BASTARDS! JUST WAIT TILL THE SHOW IS OVER AND THEN CUT TO THE NEWSROOM WHEN YOU, OH, I DON'T KNOW, ACTUALLY HAVE THE FREAKING NEWS!"

Ah...very cathartic.

But another note, I've been trying to nail down my scent. That's right, I'm trying to find the right adjectives to describe how I smell. And I think I have. Pepperoni on freshly baked subway bread. Or in layman's terms, meaty and doughy at the same time. Tell me readers, how do you smell [to yourself]?

7 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

What? I thought you were a Christian not a Protestant! Why would you want to read about Calvinism and Rapture theology?

Anyway, I'm teasing.

And for your question: "Tell me reader, how do you smell..." Well I smell with my nose, hope that helps.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger adam said...

1. I merely wish to know more about said subjects.

2. Touche, Dusty, touche.

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd read that book you gave me, if it weren't for the fact that it's been misplaced in the chaos that is our apartment.

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, sorry about that I was talking to Adam.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

Anyone have a copy of "Brother's K" I can borrow? I started it this summer in Iowa, but alas, one cannot take library books to another state and then expect to return them without much effort. Or is this one worth just going out to buy?

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

I'm not sure whose translation I started with. It was an old copy so probably one of the early (assuming the other translations are newer).

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

P.S. though this one didn't have any footnotes. It was just plain text.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home