Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Staying sharp in the blogging world

Well, it is indeed in time for an update. The downside? Ain't that good folks.

I'm sorry! I really am! I'm kind of low on material. While normally, I'd launch an onslaught of funny and amusing anecdotes, all you'll get dear reader, are some serious thoughts.

Now one reason for the lack of funny is because parts of me are a bit depressed. Normally, when summer starts, I'm usually a bit restless; I have all this energy but no way to vent it e.g. I want to play tennis but no one else will. But at the moment, I'm bummed because my time at St. Anthony is done. It was fun going there, talking to people and all that, and I'll miss it. Plus, I wasn't able to say "good job" to some kids on their presentations, and that bugs me a little.

*disclaimer: this isn't the normal internal conflict that you're all so used to; this is more serious. Remember ladies and gents, it's a new Adam you're talking to!

Oh yes, another reason for the lack of updates come from YOU fellow bloggers. Don't get me wrong, I like all your blogs, but lately all of us have been going through a dry spell. Jaime's stopped, Dusty writes about Nicki, Nicki writes about Dusty, Nicki and Dusty write about each other, Jordan's stuff is good yet short and also updated unfrequently (and while congrats on your new job buddy, that's gonna cut into your free time), Erich's are thought-provoking but above my intelligence, and Dawn is busy with other things like oh, her pregnancy (HER'S is the only legit excuse suckas!). Now I'm not trying to put myself in a position "above" you all, but I want to keep whatever edge I think I have in my writing as sharp as possible. Also, with Daniel up north, I can't exactly do an anti-liberal post to annoy him (only done in retaliation mind you if he annoys me), so most political blogs are out.

Actually, I'm going to ignore what I just said and make one political comment. Or two. Or three. Guess we'll see what happens. Hillary Clinton = bad choice for president (must find out more so I can back up arguments better). John McCain = someone who I'm thinking is a decent politician and I must learn more about. MN Legislature = stupid for not deciding on a budget yet. I mean holy constituents batman! You [legislators] were SUPPOSED to get it done by what, May 21. Know what happens if the budget isn't decided by July? The state shuts down. Which means thousands of people don't work/get paid until it's taken care of. All because both Democrats and Republicans are being morons and sticking to party lines.

And lately, I've been thinking about my lady situation. Again, keep in mind that this is a more sensitive and mature approach. Yeah, I can't articulate what I want to say...perhaps in another post. BUT! Imagine a more mature version of what I've expressed in the past.
...
If that's possible.

I'll try and cram out a better post or two tonight. My juices are a flowin' and something's bound to inspire me!

8 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger adam said...

This is true. I shall have to give you a call. However, if I were to say call at 8 pm would you still be up for it? But yes, all laziness aside, we will find a time to play tennis.

Also, in regards to your posts, it's more like I just can't think of anything to say for a comment. Which bugs me; you comment on my blog so I feel I should return the comment in kind.

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'd be willing to hit up a little tennis.

Also, the lack of posting has to do with the fact that I was at my house, and I never remember my blog password because my computer does it automatically. Maybe I should look into that.

Girls->Sadly, I feel ya. Oh well, the way I see it, it happens when it happens. I can thank a certain Shannon for a re-realization of that realization.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Errrr...alright. I'm sure I can come up with some postings every once in awhile. It's either that or listen to everyone else complain and have my friend blog about me instead! lol.

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to note that I am working with more technology up here than you may have seen in your llifetime Adam.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Dusty said...

I MISS NICKI!!!!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Dusty said...

NICKI AND I MISS EACH OTHER!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

I miss Dusty!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

Dusty and I miss each other!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home