Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I call for a jihad against Spyware!

Brothers and sisters!

Our world has been tainted with the demon filth that is spyware! It corrupts your computers and causes your blessed internet to run slow! Pop-ups come out of nowhere! The spyware itself, cunning hell-spawn that it is, knows of ways to survive and reinstall itself into your system!
IT MUST BE DESTROYED!!!!

His imperial majesty,
Adam I


Seriously, who had the bright idea to invent spyware? Has that person ever experienced the frustration of having to remove all those annoying programs and wept bitter tears?

As you might have guessed, I waged a holy war yesterday against some spyware which had invaded my computer. Oh, it was a vicious fight indeed brethren! Ad-aware scan after ad-aware scan gradually got rid of things, as did removing the suckers by hand with add/remove programs. What finished the fight was the arrival of my brother, with his powerful force of computer knowledge. Plunging into the registry itself, the scum that is spyware was finally vanquished...or was it? The cost of the fight was steep; though I have recently acquired Mozilla Firefox, the tiny hamlet of Internet Explorer has not fully recovered and will not return to its normal size. And admittedly, I do not know if my computer is completley purged of the evil programs, as there will be the occasional oddity i.e. pop-up; but I have hope. The vast bulk of the spyware army perished, and it will be many ages before there is ever an invasion of that magnitude again. Moreover, my subjects are perfectly willing to undergo a format reinstall in order to attain complete and undeniable victory.

That's right spyware, I'll see you in hell.

4 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger adam said...

Yes yes yes, I'm aware of those things; I got Symantec from the U in fact.

However, I, for the most part, am computer illiterate; I have my brother do all that stuff.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger adam said...

Oh man, I love Spybot!

I LOVE IT ONE BILLION TIMES OVER

A part of me likes it how there's the "fix selected problems," and then it says "problems will be removed." Ah, kudos to them!

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you. Being computer literate, I am often called upon by beseiged kingdoms across the metro area. It fills me with rage every time I see the insidious popups oppressing the surfing experience of the gentle computer using peoples.

And by the way, I encountered a new, more evil kind of evil last time I vanquished the foes from my mom's computer. Very nasty.

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I have to say is, I am free from Windows and all of its evils. Bill Gates can take his monopoly and shove it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home