Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Return of the Prodigal Beef-eater

For lunch today, I decided to return to a place that I have not eaten for quite some time. The place was Arby's, the food was a LARGE roast beef sandwich. Oh man, what a meal!

To begin with, I got done with work at noon, and feeling a bit peckish and of course not wanting to go until 5 without eating anything (due to class), I desired something meaty yet quick. "So where to go?" I asked myself. The Bona? Ate there yesterday. Manhattan Loft? Too cheap and really not in the mood. Burger King? Ate there yesterday and sick of that style of food. Big 10? Not feeling adventerous. Arby's? Ooooh, that's the ticket. So with the giant fluorescent cowboy hat as a marker, I trucked over to Arby's.

I approached the counter after a minute's perusal of the menu and just went with a large roast beef. When asked if I "wanted the combo" I politely declined; I'm so sick of fries and Coke products. Plus, I wanted to save cash. Well, my sandwich was ready in a matter of moments, and I journeyed over to the condiments to get Arby's sauce; the nectar of the gods. I grabbed those little containers and filled not one, not two, but three of those little cups with the oh so delicious sauce and found myself a table. Let me tell ya friends, that sandwich WAS big; and I slathered that sucker with the tastey. When I picked up the sandwich and took that first bite, wow, I was in heaven. It tasted so good! The sandwich was so packed with beef that a bit of it shot out the sides of the bread (where the was no pressure from either my hands or my mouth) but it didn't fall. Fortunately, it [the beef] remained attached the mother-sandwich, and so I gobbled up the extra beef. The sauce, oh the sauce. It went everywhere! Over my sandwich, my fingers, hands, mouth, chin, and subsequently, my beard. But that's alright, a part of me was glad; I hoped that my pores would absorb it and thus even more Arby's sauce would enter my system. I didn't mind that I was making a mess of things, I was just too happy.

After the sandwich was safely in my belly, I wiped off my hands and face, and went in search of a quiet place to read "Titus Andronichus" by Shakespeare. I did actually stop in a bathroom to thoroughly wash my hands and make sure there was no food/sauce residue on my visage (there wasn't). But yes, nothing like gorging yourself on delicious meat products after 7-8 weeks of fasting (I do prefer of course the Paschal meats that we have at home, but still, you get the point).

In other news, I got an "A" in Humanities 1001! Huzzah! 1 class down, 3 to go.

On that note, I'm actually thinking about maybe teaching history now instead of English...such a dilemma. Both are cool subjects, but I'm a little undecided now. I can always double major and get teaching certified in both, but that'll take a lot of time, and I'm not sure I want to do that. So yeah, my future hangs in the balance...

10 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

I must say that reading your blog is highly entertaining! However, I under estimated the power of your blogs and unknowingly was drinking a pop as I read...well needless to say, my computer didn't appreciate the shower! I had to read it to one of my friends and she also found it just as entertaining. We're looking forward to future postings!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger adam said...

Ah...a fanbase...excellent...

But that does make me happy, knowing my blogs are a source of entertainment (though now the guilt of sprayed pop is on my conscience).

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Dusty said...

WHAT!?!?! Guilt on your consious for making someone laugh. Hope you're bad at flirting since most of that is making the girl laugh. I'd hate for you to feel bad while flirting!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger adam said...

I don't feel guilty because she laughed...I feel guilty (well actually I don't; I was embellishing) because my funniness caused pop to be spr asdklgjaroigmrop gah whatever. Rest assured Dusty, I am not internalizing this.

And in regards to flirting, no, I don't feel guilty either. I actually savor the subtle art of manipultion aka flirting.

I kid, I kid...flirting isn't manipulation. Or is it?

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Jaime said...

Adam- Don't listen to a word my brother says...i think he just likes the attention. :)

Mike- When did you ever become good at flirting? :)

And I would hope that Adam knows better to flirt with girls who have just taken a drink! Cuz more than likely...it wouldn't be a poor computer getting a shower, it would be the guy!

Besides from what I hear and know about you two (well I guess mike finally made it), but you guys need lessons in the art of flirting!

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Dusty said...

HA Jaime, you've never seen me flirt. I don't ever remember hiting on a girl in front of you. It would be kinda weird I would think. Do you want a list of girls? But trust me, when I turn it on...

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

LMAO!! Oh yeah? Is that why you're just now getting a girlfriend...oh wait...i forgot...you were dating all the fish in the sea..rrrrrright!

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure dusty, cause you've got super flirting powers of course. Hey, just because we admit to our elevator stories and you don't doesn't mean you don't have any. :)

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam, you make mee ya! smile! Lov

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! Having some troubles writing~ Dusty is distracting me. Love ya Adam! You make me smile!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home