Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Dream job attained

Ahh...the wonderful feeling of success! Found out today that I did indeed get a job at the Writing Center; people bring me their papers and I dispense wisdom like a sage of old. Only, I get paid.

Sadly though, it will cut into my fencing time; I'm required to take a course that takes place right when practice is going on. But, I shall manage.

My chance to get a 4.0 GPA this semester teeters on a knife edge! I just took the last test in Humanities, and while there's no doubt I at least got a B, there's that chance I could end up with an A- in the course. Also, I'm not sure how I did on my Ancient Israel midterm, and then there's the fact that I gotta do my American Lit paper which is worth a whopping 50% of my final grade. Nothing like academic Russian roulette!

On that note (papers), after getting back from Unction tonight, I must type out another paper due tomorrow.

But all the same, Pascha is this weekend and the everything is looking up!

Oh, one last thing. Today at work, I danced for like a whole half hour while singing the "Peanut Butter Jelly" song in my head. It rocked. Here's a link to see it's greatness:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/peanutbutter.html

9 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I may have to visit you (with a paper that is due as a guise) while you belittle the pitiful frosh's work. Good luck with your papers.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger adam said...

Thank ya! Yes, feel free to drop by anytime (though not in a way that'll get me fired)!

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where ya at, where ya at?


Love that song!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger adam said...

sadly erich, I can't read that

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger adam said...

But now, thanks to "free translation.com," I do now! Thanks for the congrats!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Dusty said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Dusty said...

Hello Puddn'head readers; I am just dropping in to say that I saw Adam doing this "peanutbutter and jelly" dance today.

All I can say...it wasn't pretty. Not pretty at all.

jk

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger adam said...

To Erich: yes, it is quite amazing...the power of free translation.

To person who deleted their comment: why?

To Dusty and other readers: My peanutbutter-jelly dance was awesome. Anybody who saw it while I was crossing the Washington Ave bridge must've been amazed.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

Oh, I deleted my comment because I misspelled a word, but I had copied it, pasted it, and re-posted it with the words spelled correctly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home