Monday, May 09, 2005

Blogger's block

Since it's almost been a week since my last posting, and since I'm scathingly critical of anyone who doesn't update a lot (voyerism is not something I'm proud of, but at least it is limited to blogs), I'm throwing one in. Good news? People like me will be happy with something new to read. Bad news? Nothing really oustanding/funny/exciting to tell.

So, at the moment, I've just finished my American Lit paper...I expect it'll be published in some literary magazine. Seriously.

....

I'm kidding, it won't be published unless it is somehow mind-blowingly better than what I take it to be.

On a completely random side note, there's something about mallard ducks and female ducks (don't know if they have some cool name) and ducklings that makes me happy. It's like the ideal family unit. The way the mallard leads and will fly away to distract predators so the female (who will also fly away if necessary too) and ducklings can hide is really noble. I actually saw a dead mallard a few days ago on the highway, and a part of me was really sad.

Second random point but connected to the one above:
when it comes to romance/relationships, girls have a terrible ability to see things that guys can't. It's freaky. So, what's a guy to do? Be ludicrously cautious whenever discussing anything remotely romantic. Everything matters; voice tone, body language, word choice, pheremones, subconscious thoughts, etc. A girl can detect it all. Now I've always thought that I can outwit and outsmart any girl, but this is one dance that I can be out-tangoed in.

Finally, I'd just like to add that I hate spiders in my shower. Truely, I do. I smash them good when I find them. Actually, not that I fear spiders, but after dispatching them with a kleenex, I always toss their tissue-covered corpses in the toilet and flush. Why? I have this odd fear that I really didn't crush them good enough and that they'll come back to life and kill me. Hence, the watery burial ensures that that doesn't happen. An odd fear I know.

But no less weird than my fear of finding a booger in my milk.

There's no story behind that story, just a fear I've always had for a long long time.

Movies to see:
Sin City (which is hardly playing ANYWHERE)
Kingdom of Heaven

"When angry, count four; when very angry, swear."
~Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

23 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

Maybe it's your fear of spiders and milk boogers that is limiting your rose colored glasses of romance!

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Jaime said...

Once again, I've learned not to eat while reading your blog cuz there must be some connection. I was enjoying a bagel and cream cheese while reading this posting and was about done reading when I look down to take another bite...and yes, believe it or not...there was a SPIDER on my bagel!!! Now I hate spiders in the shower also, but I don't enjoy spiders on my bagel when I trying to eat it either!

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankfully, the peruvian bagel spider is a dying breed. The problem is that they are being replaced by the non-native african jumping shower spider.

Anyway, you'll have to tell me more about these girls with psychic powers.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Dusty said...

Mus. Ap.,
I tried to find out more about them. You see, I thought if I asked one to analyze the other, I would understand. It didn't go so well; I just came out more confused with the girl telling me it all was perfectly clear.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger adam said...

To Erich: Centipedes are also something freak me out; so quick and speedy.

To Jaime: Freaky. At least it wasn't a booger in your milk.

To Jordan and Dusty: I have no specific stories to tell (or perhaps I do, but none are current). It's just the realization that girls can know what you REALLY mean when you talk about certain subjects.

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm convinced that everyone has this inside them, but guys ignore it alot of the time. I know that if I pay attention I can get alot of implied information as well as vibes about whatever is going on. The thing is, I usually don't pay attention. Also, I think sometimes bluffing is involved.

That's my take.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger adam said...

Excellent point Jordan; however, I think women might have just the slightest edge.

Oh, and after a small discussion, I must make it clear that I do not condone swearing; despite what the end quote says.

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are still a hypocrite

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger adam said...

Dearest Daniel:

How so?

Besides I have my own ideas about hypocrisy. Namely, it's the most popular insult to use, yet everyone is guilty of it at some point or another. Don't get me wrong, hypocrisy is a valid accusation, yet, often people make too big a deal out of it.

Sincerely,
Adam

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was mentioning to him that he was encouraging swearing on his main page, while censoring his comments page for swearing.

Thus the rampant hypocrisy, not quite quite Tom Delay level hypocrisy. And certainly not Bush's level of pure evil. I would say about Alberto Gonzalez level hypocrisy.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

Why must profanity be bad? Isn't it part of the beauty of a language that it can communicate to others extreme emotion? Granted, if one uses profanity constantly (such is the case of the frequency of certain words in rap songs), then the word looses its strength. But as a part of the full human experience, extreme emotion needs to be communicated, and to limit life with "G" rated words would be to dull the human experience.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

Plus the beauty of understanding Greek, allows me to understand that there is some extreme language used in the original NT. And it's a shame that we have censored God in English, believing that we know better what God should have said, and what words He should have used. This is limiting God, our relationship with Him, and in all, the full Christian experience, because with today's English translations, we will never know the full spectrum of emotion that is displayed through the scriptures.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

Unless of course, one learns Greek, or (in Fr. Marc's examples) Hebrew.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger adam said...

Dearest Daniel,

You claim of the "rampant hypocrisy" is completely ungrounded. Why? True, I edited your post cause of its language. BUT, I am not exactly swearing up a storm or cursing. Moreover, the quote was not meant to actually be some form of advice; it was merely a quote that I found humorous.

But you, like most liberals out there, over-react and whine when confrounted with any moral/relgious acts ;-)

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger adam said...

2 things:

1. I am not a bigot.

2. I happen to be right, so there.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger adam said...

Daniel wrote, again using inappropriate language:

And you, like all the [expletive deleted] conservatives in Washington, label your bigotry as "morality"

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam, you should apply for director of the FCC, Bush is looking for a good, narrowminded, censor bigot.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger adam said...

Maybe I will.

Heck, why stop there? I'll make sure that all post-modernist buildings get BANNED.

The Weisman? Gone!

That huge rusty thing that they just pust up by the Alumni Center? Gone!

And when I succeed in my mission, and as the destruction of said buildings are televised, I will turn to the cameras and say "this is for you Daniel!"

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

You know, censorship is very against my Republican ideals. I'm for a small government that keeps its nose out of other people's business.

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know maybe that last quote should be:

"When angry, count four; when very angry, beat the living (censored) out of them."
~Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

Ahh, I see censorship strikes once again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home