Thursday, June 02, 2005

Summer wants to RUMBLE

Man it's been hot here lately. And humid. Which means life is rough at the moment. Sweating all the time, too hot to do physical activity, and the feelings of oppression caused by Masta' Sun do not make me a happy camper.

For example, it ruins one of my true loves; tennis. It's too sticky out to enjoy. Plus, even if I find the weather alright, there's the problem of finding a partner who also feels that way. New trait that I desire in a girl: ability to handle extrememe temperatures; not sure if I want to tack on "better than me."

And we can't forget sleeping! Goodness I'm miserable at the moment; even with the windows open. The only upside is it does motivate me to get up in the morning; no sense in sticking around in a hot bed.

Needless to say, this weather turns shaving into an act of masochism. How's a man to shave? Cold water? What, are we barbarians? Hot water it is. But when you're sweating already, the thought of lathering your face up as you stand over a sink of hot water isn't all that appealing. Yet, from pain comes pleasure; there's few things more refreshing than a shaven face.

In addition, my clothes selection is tragically quite limited. I need more shorts. More t-shirts too. Presently, it doesn't matter because all I do when I get home is strip naked and put on my swim trunks. But I can't do that every day...or can I?

...

Actually I can't. But if we had a pool I could! Oh, what I wouldn't do for my own personal pool...that or a slurpy machine.



Stay cool folks.

11 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, slurpies.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

Kentucky! Why don't you try living in Mexico during their hottest periods. Then you'll really feel the heat. I've been down there on days when it's close to 130 degrees in the shade!

Anyway, I'm glad that you posted earlier on buying deoderant so you should be prepared for this "heat"!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Dusty said...

Naw, try Greece on the Mediterranean during the summer months!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Nicki said...

No, I agree with Jaime. Mexico is HOT, and there was no shade were I was!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger adam said...

Hey now, I'm no wimp. It just takes some getting used to is all.

Besides, Minnesota is a land of extreme temps. Sure, other places get hotter (Kentucky, Mexico), but do those same places get as cold as Minnesota? Any of them come close to the North Star State in say, December? Nope.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Dusty said...

Oh, you see, you shouldn't have shaved, you should have kept the facial hair and your present situation would have been avoided!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

WHAT??? Oh no...Mike's giving advice again..or at least what he thinks is advice! Lets see...to shave or not to shave. Do guys like hairy girls...uhm...NO! Then why on earth would a girl like a hairy guy??? I don't think I'll ever know the answer to that question. Think about this guys...if you were a girl and had to kiss a mouthful of hair all the time...how well would you like that??? Sorry guys...but please KEEP shaving! (That goes for you too Mike)

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

Dusty, Don't listen to your sissy. I don't know if we could keep on dating if you shaved your facial hair... And Adam, I like(d) the facial hair (and obviously everyone at church did too), so get it back soon! It did a lot for you, you looked more mature and grown up-which some women find very attractive in a man.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Jaime said...

Talk about people not posting! I think even after I've said goodbye to the blogging world I've made more comments on my post and everyone else's than ANYONE has updating their blogs! lol.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Dusty said...

Don't listen to Erich, grow it back asap. And don't listen to my sissy, Nicki's advice is waaay better.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger adam said...

Sadly, I think as long as summer's here, the beard is gonna stay gone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home