Monday, December 05, 2005

Crown me with laurels

Ahh...nothing like a glorious victory in fencing!

Hail Ceasar!

Oh, you're all to kind. Really.

But yes, I fenced a friend who is QUITE good, and won. Not only that, but it was a come-from-behind win too. He was smoking me 6-2 (we play to 15), but then, I got in "the zone," and turned the tables. Seriously, I had some amazing hits: off the hand, off the foot, many quick ones that he didn't see coming; I chalk the first two up to a copious amount of luck, but they were still fantastic to get. It took everything out of me...my legs were like jelly when I finished, my heart was beating very rapidly, and I thought if I didn't get any water I'd pass out. But, there was nothing like the sweet taste of victory in my mouth.

Apologies to those who found that boring, but it's been the highlight of my week (and will probably stay that way unless I manage to pull of a date with a gorgeous girl).

3 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

Yeah, we've tried to get you the girl. I've even given you money to take out to lunch alas all plans have thus failed.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger adam said...

Nick said:

" I'm glad to see you finally shanked someone for me"

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger adam said...

Nick said:

" actually it was "...shanked a [explitive deleted]..." "

 

Post a Comment

<< Home