Tuesday, June 14, 2005

blah blah blah work

Work today, as usual. Now don't get me wrong, I like working at the Forestry Library and I like the people, but lately, I've just not been caring as much. For example, I've REALLY been taking my time shelving. Like, my record is 3 minutes to shelve one book. If you knew how small the library is, you'd be impressed. Or sickened. Don't get me wrong, I always keep myself busy and ask for more work, but sometimes, at the end of the day when I have 15 minutes left and nothing to do but shelve, a man's just got to take it at his own pace. Incredibely slow that is.

While I do prefer working for North Central (the Forest Service people), even that can be a drag.
Know what makes working for them worse? The fact that it's Tuesday. Normally, I just work in the afternoons (others work in the morning), but Wednesday I'm there all day. So that means I can't shunt aside work and let someone else do it, cause I know I'm just going to be there the very next day and will have to do it! Depressing...

But today, I did something I've never done before! Know what it is inquisitive readers? Made photocopies...OF MYSELF! That's right, I put my face on the photocopier and pressed "copy." I got some pretty cool looking ones too; I look like a powerful wizard or something in one. The detail is incredible, although you really do look ugly in photocopies. The only downside is that I gave my self a headache; that copying light sure is bright when your face is right up to it.

So in sum, I think if I'm ever bored, I'll just make photocopies of my face. Besides, I get all my work done. Mostly most of the time. Nothing the next person can't handle if I don't.

5 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

You know how it goes, one minute you're making photocopies of your face, next thing you know, you're making photocopies of your...umm...rump (then getting fired or sued for sexual harrassment).

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger adam said...

Nope...nothing below the waistline will be photocopied.

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spiffy, maybe I should try that one at honeywell. :)

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger adam said...

You could! Next time you're around, I'll show ya the ones I did.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger adam said...

I don't think my employers would like it if I just said "see you all later, I'm gonna play tennis."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home