Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The end is near (academically)

Place your bets ladies and gents!

Can Adam finish an 8 page paper on the French Revolution by Thursday?? What twists could there be? No less than having to use footnotes instead of the much more sensible in-text citations!*

Stay tuned!

*I do realize that yes, footnotes are important and that they have their place. However, this assignment entails using just 2 short articles she handed out in class...hardly worth the time.

Other academic updates:
I'm begining to hate History of Modern France. I have a bad feeling that this class is going to bite me in the ass come the end of the semester (forgive me for swearing, but it rhymed so well).

Ireland it is for the summer session. Now I have to raise $8000.

Research is so cool....I might make a career of it. We have to do a research project for the Writing Center, and while I'm at the idea stage, this prospect thrills me. Oh, I'm toying with the idea of college writing in high school e.g. AP or CIS classes, and how students in said courses feel about "college writing." I put that in quotes because I'm interested in finding out what they consdier college writing to be. Also, what influences that, how they rate their own work, etc. Plus, I'd be focusing on writing outside of the English discipline. So, any suggestions on how to narrow this topic would be appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home